With safety of paramount importance, especially for our children who compete, Simpson have introduced the Hybrid Sport in Kid’s sizes. The only difference to the adult versions is the fact that the tethers are fixed, (non-adjustable) even though they are still sliding. Ideal for parents’ peace of mind when children are competing in Autograss, Oval Racing etc. Supplied as standard to suit standard FHR posts, it can be special ordered with quick release fittings – but this must be done at time of ordering as this cannot be retro fitted like the adult versions.
The Simpson Hybrid Series of Head And Neck Restraints are designed to protect during front, offset and side impacts. Offering the lowest profile of any comparable device, they provide you with maximum comfort and manoeuvrability. Each model is available to suit helmets with standard FHR clips (FIA 8858-2002 or FIA 8858-2010 standard or higher) or alternatively with M61 Quick Release tethers and clips (FIA 8858-2010 standard or higher), which allows the driver to release the restraint by a simple pull on the cord attached to the helmet.
Common features include:
- No special seat or harness needed for Hybrid to work
- Comfortable for use with 2″ or 3″ harnesses
- Units can be painted to match colour scheme
The Hybrid Sport Youth is supplied ready to fit to your existing FIA Hans posts or can be specified with optional M61 quick release tethers / anchors. These M61 anchors are fitted in place of your original Hans posts. Both the M61 helmet anchors and the quick release tethers / straps are included with the M61 – Quick Release Option.
- HANS – Post Anchor – These tethers allow the driver to use the Hybrid device with helmets that have standard fitment HANS anchors already fitted (or the correct approval to retro-fit anchors). Approved for helmets FIA 8858-2002 / FIA 8858-2010 standard or higher.
- M61 – Quick Release – These tethers allow the driver to release the restraint by a simple pull on the cord attached to the helmet. Approved for helmets FIA 8858-2010 standard or higher. Ideal for where the helmet may be taken on and off more frequently.
- X-Small Child (4-6 Years), 22-26″ (56-66cm) adjustment
- Child (7-9 Years), 22-26″ (56-66cm) adjustment
- Youth (9-12 Years), 26-30″ (66-76cm) adjustment
Please note: all sizes of the Simpson Hybrid Sport Youth are only SFI Approved.